Saturday, May 8, 2010

Blog Blog

I am really excited about my new blog, as I'm sure my many readers are. I really didn't know what a blog was when I first started. And, as I write this I still don't really know what a blog is. But, that lack of knowledge has never stopped me from diving into things before. I am even paying two dollars a day, to advertise my new blog. I want as many people as possible to benefit from my vast wisdom, and knowledge.

I have not hesitated to be on the cutting edge of technology. I have embraced taking the cyberspace ride. Some time ago I signed up for Myspace,Twitter, and facebook all on the same day. This, without having the slightest idea what they were. I was the first person on my block to buy an ipad. I have not used it yet, but I will as soon as I figure out how to download music onto my ipod, which is still in the box.

My pioneering efforts have not been without it's detractors. When I invited my brother to be my "friend" on facebook, he became upset, and went into this long diatribe (just using that word qualifies me to have a blog) about how these social networks are an invasion of privacy, and promote identity theft. I must admit, I see his point, although he does come off a bit paranoid. And, to illustrate how my brother overreacts to things, I would like to give out his Visa number, to show him how safe it is. I encourage my reader(s) not to use this number, so as to illustrate a point to my brother. It is 4218 623 047 26653.

Another naysayer is a female homosexual friend of mine, who upon being told that I was writing a blog, said, "That's gay." I was a bit confused, because, well, she IS gay! Like the blog title says, Our Lives Mock Us.

The one good thing about my new blog is that it has helped me reconnect with old friends. Regrettably, it turns out that, according to one of my friend's facebook page she is a "friend" of Rush Limbaugh. After much soul searching, I have decided to continue to communicate with her on the cyber highway. I should add that I paid $25 online, and I am now an ordained minister. It is Reverend Denny's opinion than my conservative friend may burn in the fiery depths of hell. And, check back, because I will attempt to give You HER credit card number on a future blog.

1 comment:

  1. To bad for your vast following of blog fans but all my credit cards have been canceled due to the poor economy.....but hey, I am looking forward to the free health care!!!

    ReplyDelete